The PROUD Intership is a core activity for all participants of the PROUD program and all participants in the PROUD program are required to complete the PROUD internship. It is here that students learn both content and soft skills in practice and forms the back bone of the learning program.
Framework of the PROUD Internship
- The PROUD Internship takes place in the second study year of the student’s education program.
- The PROUD Internship is extra-curricular; implying that it is not part of the student’s education program.
- During the PROUD internship, the student works on a challanging problem/assignment within the technical scope of the student’s education program. The content of the problem/assignment is determinded by the company where the PROUD internship is performed.
- The PROUD Internship amounts to at least 160 hours work.
- Ideally, the PROUD Internship is spread out over 20 weeks, 8 hours per week, although other arrangements can be made.
- The PROUD Internship takes place at the hosting company.
- Preferably, the PROUD Internship continuous with a full time “regular” internship in the third study year, enableing a return on investment for both the student and the hosting company.
- During the PROUD Internship, there will be at least one contact moment between the hosting company and the PROUD program manager to evaluate the progress of the PROUD Internship.
Content of the PROUD Internship
The exact content of the PROUD Internship depends on both the student and the hosting company. In general, the content is innovative and of a high technical standard representative of an honours student’s capabilities. During the PROUD Internship, students work on mastering at least two of the PROUD Competencies, namely Technical and professional competencies, and Innovation and dissemination.
Become a PROUD Company!
Over the years there have been many companies that have hosted a PROUD student. Would your company like to become part of a symbiotic relationship with one of our best students? Contact us to find out about the possibilities for your company!